In this article, you will find the essentials to know about semi-permanent varnish. Solutions to all your problems as well as a guide to tuck your nail efficiently! Become an expert in applying semi-permanent varnish and show your art to those around you.
As we all know, nail polishes have the characteristic of air drying in a short time, but this is not the case with semi-permanent varnishes. The drying of the first coat will not be immediate even after the first catalyzing. This will only serve as a base or adhesion to promote the grip of the second layer. Once you have completed the second step, at this precise moment, you will degrease the sticky residue with nail supplies. And there, the varnish will be dry at this precise moment.
If you notice that your varnish application is chipping, it is probably because you did not follow the instructions for use or the basic rules. Here are 11 important points to follow in order to “tuck the nail” effectively.
- File the nail To avoid splitting the nail, always file in the same direction using a nail file.
- Treat the cuticles Apply a cuticle care to soften them and work them more easily with a manicure and pedicure set.
- Clean any filing residue. In order to ensure perfect adhesion, the residue created during the filing phase must be cleaned.
- Polishing To smooth the nail and prepare it for installation, you will need to use a nail polisher which will be used to smooth the nails.
- Dissolve Oil on the Nail Cuticle oil can interfere with the hold of the nail polish.
- Apply the semi-permanent varnish In order not to over-thicken the layer, consider using a flat glass support to apply a few drops of varnish. Then, apply the varnish from the base of the nail (cuticle side) to the free edge of the nails.
- Tuck the nail right. This is sort of where a lot of times the job isn’t done right. The curling of the nail is an important step and it is advisable to do it well so as not to see the varnish chipping. To do this, reverse the movement with the brush, starting from the free edge and going down towards the nail (not too much either).
- Catalyze Pass your hand under the UV or LED lamp and wait the necessary time.
- Repeat the movement. Now is the time for the second coat. Repeat the same movements then return to the oven.
- Degrease Using cotton wool and cleaner, degrease the permanent varnish without applying too much pressure.
- The finish: To guarantee a perfect shine, apply the finishing top coat to your nails.