Styling your favorite dress differently for each of the five weddings you’ve got on your calendar this summer is tricky. There are only so many things you can layer, cuff, and knot before people begin realizing you’ve been recycling your look. Luckily, we’ve got an idea that can help with that.
The smoky eye and wine lip combo that Ashleigh Ciucci creates above can vamp up your look and make your repeat outfit suddenly feel new. Not only is it totally unexpected for a summer wedding, where pastels are the usual beauty look, but it’ll also last from your very first selfie to your last ugly-cry, thanks to the use of long-wear products from the Infallible Pro Collection by L’Oréal Paris. The father-daughter dance has nothing on these long-lasting products.
For this look:
1. Start by applying a long-wear foundation, working from the center of your face outward. Then, gently pat concealer over any uneven areas, using your index finger so you don’t rub off any foundation.
2. Dust a layer of powder all over your face with a fluffy brush to set your base makeup.
3. Using a domed eyeshadow brush, sweep silver shadow from the lashline to the crease for an easy metallic eye. Make sure to blend it into the crease, so you don’t end up with any harsh edges.
4. Define your eyes with a coat of mascara on both the upper and lower lashes. If you have trouble getting your lower lashes, just hold your mascara wand vertically instead of horizontally.
5. As for those lips, define your pout with a rich red liner, and then fill in with a long-wear lippie in a matching shade for all-night hold.
6. Finish your look by spritzing a makeup-setting spray in an X- and then T-shape over your face — trust your makeup’s not going to make a run for it after this.
Go on, reach for that dress one more time. They won’t even notice what you’re wearing when they see your face.